Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Park City Mom Retreat

I was able to attend a Power of Moms retreat this last weekend. You can learn more about the power of moms at http://www.powerofmoms.com/ I am so thankful to my husband, mom and dad for taking such good care of my kids while I was away! I serve on the Power of Moms board and was so glad I went to get to finally meet "in person" as opposed to phone and email. Here is a picture of our board!










On Friday, April(one of the power of moms directors) did a seminar on Mind Organization for Moms (which you can also learn about on the website) but it was much better in person!!! I can't wait to get my office/school room and supplies/kitchen/mind organized...now to find the time to do so :).....thanks April!
Friday night we had dinner and a meeting together and then a slumber party. I thought it was great to finally meet together as a board and "see" the vision of Power of Moms and learn from each other.
Saturday, was the big event with 100 women! It was an all day event but here is an example of
what we learned about....making quiet time a reality/prioritizing/Balancing and Time Management/Spontaneity and Serendipity/Family Traditions/Family Structure and Systems that work.



This is a picture of me with the speakers! They all did such an amazing job! Another presenter was Richard Eyre, both Richard and his wife Linda have published numerous parenting books that have made the national bestsellers and I have enjoyed and used their expertise! You can learn more about them at http://www.valuesparenting.com/ One of the topics that Richard taught was on "Spontaneity". I really loved this because I need more spontaneity in my life, rather than structure! Here is a picture of Richard presenting....



It was a great weekend full of lots of information!!! I am so grateful to be able to be a mother and to try hard to raise good children and enjoy the journey while doing so!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Brianna! It was wonderful to meet you, and we appreciate all you do for us!

    ReplyDelete