Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Fun....

I love summer! There are so many things to do in the summer that sometimes it seems to come and go too quickly! So, last year I started a new "system" that I loved and I am going to be doing again this year. I wanted us to be sure to have a fun summer but also make sure we weren't just doing the same thing each day like playing video games too much, watching movies too much, playing with neighbors too much or just anything tooooo much. So here is how it works....

We devoted a cute name with each day of the week so we would remember what the "activity" for that day was.

Movie Monday---we would pop some popcorn and have our own movie theatre right at home and the kids love this!!!

Trip Tuesday---this day we would take a trip somewhere (visit a grandma, go to a park, go to a museum, go to the zoo)

Wet and Wild Wednesday---this day we went swimming or set up a wet/wild activities in the back yard (slip 'n slide, sprinklers, small pools)

anyThing goes Thursday---this day was great for "anything" (craft day, cooking day, bike riding day, sports day, book day)

Friend Friday---this day was set aside to have a friend over


I can't wait for summer!!! I think I might be more excited than the kids :)

No comments:

Post a Comment